Friday, January 11, 2013

House Tour {kitchen}

We moved into our house just about one month ago and the first {and only} room I can say is "complete" is the kitchen. I absolutely love how everything came together. The builder had set standards and we could upgrade different finishes. I had always wanted Carrera marble in my kitchen, and that's what we got. We went with the marble for the countertop against the long wall. With two little kiddos running around I opted for absolute black granite on the island. So far I love the decision and I think the black on the island gives the kitchen a warmth that I wouldn't have had if I went with all marble. My father in law used to work in the tile industry, and happily sealed the marble for us. So far, so good in terms of any etching and stains. I did a basic subway tile for the backsplash and dark hardwood floors the entire downstairs of the house.  
There are a LOT of cabinets. The fridge, stove and wine fridge break them up nicely. It is so nice to finally have space for all my kitchen things and it makes it a lot easier to find the motivation to cook. I added a few pops of color with the utensil holder {mom got at Albertson's grocery store of all places} and Le Creuset pot in lime green. The painting in the corner we picked up in San Tropez a few years ago. Bananas and oranges never hurt to add a little color either. 

Here are some pictures of how everything came together:








No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...